The Wise Hippo programme is a new approach to birthing. A ‘good birth’ is a state of mind, it’s not defined by what happens during labour and birth, but by how a woman feels about her baby’s birth.
You will learn self hypnosis, breathing techniques, active birth management, birth positions, birth choices, partner’s role and so much more, all to empower you to trust your instincts and ensure that you and your baby have a positive birth experience.
There is no right or wrong way to give birth with The Wise Hippo only the right way for each individual mum and baby.
It is an exciting, simple, straightforward UK focused complete antenatal education and is a fantastic way to prepare for your birth from 20 weeks+.
Wise Hippo Birthing course is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives (RCM).
My Own Positive Birth Experience
I gave birth to my second son back in June 2018 and had an amazing home water birth, just breathing my 10lb 2oz son Alexander in to the world. His 7 year old brother Dominic was present and said it was one of the best experiences of his life. Thanks to hypnobirthing, my amazing birth partner husband Dave and our doula Tracey I got my right birth on the day.
Some of the benefits of Hypnobirthing
- Understanding the physical and psychological processes that occur during labour and birth
- Alleviate any fears you may have
- Become experts in relaxation
- Confidence building
- Belief in your body’s own ability to birth naturally more calmly
- Ensure that you are always in control of your baby’s birth (whatever turn your birthing takes)
- Reduce the need for medical intervention
- Bonding - as a family
- Birth partner preparation - they have a very specific role to play
- What to expect immediately after birth
What is provided?
- 4 sessions of 2.5 to 3 hours each
- Practice diary and birth plan guidance
- 7 x mp3s are provided to support your practice at home
- Ongoing email and phone support until birth of baby
What is covered during the 4 sessions (main points)
- Session 1
- An introduction to what hypnosis is
- The physiology of birth and the impact of fear
- Mind / body connection
- The Impact of Others
- How to protect yourself from negativity
- Taking charge of your own thoughts
- A positive birth experience
- Session 2
- Relaxation - the antidote to discomfort
- Breathing techniques during labour and birth
- Time Distortion and Anchoring
- Birth Partners Script
- Session 3
- Prenatal bonding
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Birth planning and birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- Fear release session
- Session 4
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Optimal positioning for birth
- Birth Breathing
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Birth rehearsal practice - using sea of serenity script
- Your practice and preparation diary
South Manchester, North Manchester, Cheshire and including:
Ashley, Altrincham, Bowdon, Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme, Chorlton, Davyhulme, Didsbury, Eccles, Flixton, Gatley, Hale, Hazel Grove, Heald Green, Heaton Chapel, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Moor, Heaton Norris, High Legh, Irlam, Knutsford, Leigh, Lymm, Mere, Northenden, Partington, Sale, Salford, Stretford, Stockport, Timperley, Trafford, Urmston, Warburton, Whalley Range, Wilmslow, Withington, Worsley, Wythenshawe.
If your area is not mentioned then please do not hesitate to contact me as may be covered if schedule allows then further a field may be possible.